Bookshop Marketing Coordinator
Part-time remote and in-person
Approximately 10-15 hours per week
Applications close midday 12 August 2023
Roaring Stories Bookshop Balmain is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
This role is responsible for the creation, coordination and execution of various aspects of marketing and promotion for Balmain’s independent bookshop. This includes regular social media posting, digital marketing campaigns and newsletters, blog posts including author interviews, and managing the ticketing and promotion of author events.
- A strong and comprehensive understanding of the user backend of WordPress (code not necessary)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, MailChimp and Eventbrite
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (including Meta advertising)
- Efficiency, patience, reliability and flexibility
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills
The job entails:
- Social media posting (basic photography and copywriting) across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Updating the WordPress website on a regular basis
- Conducting and writing author interviews and book reviews
- Creating, managing and promoting Eventbrite author events
- Sending regular MailChimp newsletters and EDMs
- Creating and overseeing Meta campaigns for e.g. events
- Attending author events for the purposes of livestreaming and social media promotion
- Creating branded assets (both digital and print) for a range of purposes
- Working closely with the store owner to engage audiences, build customer loyalty, drive traffic to our shop and (new) online store, foster community support around independent bookshops, and sell event tickets and books.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail, be quick to learn, and can work to deadlines. A passion for books is essential, and book industry experience is highly desirable.
The role can be worked remotely – however, you will be expected to visit the store regularly and attend the majority of author events.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midday August 12, 2023.